MILK WOOD LODGES
BOOKING TERMS and CONDITIONS
These conditions carefully set out the basis of your agreement with Milk Wood Lodges. In making a booking, you warrant that you are at least 21 years of age and have the authority to accept, and do accept on behalf of your party, all of the terms and conditions set out below.
Quick appraisal synopsis of points:
- That you have fully informed us of your party members/numbers and any dogs.
- You are temporarily hiring my personal property, its contents, and other outside amenities. You are financially responsible for any property damage, or other losses due to misuse or neglect or accidental damage or breach of any of the Booking Terms and Conditions, incurred during your holiday. We respectfully request that all members of your party show courtesy to staff, other residents, and to us at all times.
- To note only the booked party made aware to us at the time of booking are allowed to use the facilities of the property or sleep over night. You may have friends for general entertainment but they are not allowed to use the sauna, Hot Tub or appliances or sleep overnight.
- SMOKING is strictly prohibited inside the property. Smoking is ONLY permitted in the garden or other outside areas.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after yourselves and your pets. The property must be left as it was found, clean and tidy, at the end of your stay.
- We do not normally accept children under the age of 6 (except babies), as some areas/features of the properties are not suitable for this age range. However, as long as we are made aware that young children will be in the property, we can develop a formal written agreement inclusive of any additional restrictions that may need to be imposed for Health and Safety purposes, and for the protection of the children.
- Due to the age, location, and character of the properties, the layout/features and access to the properties are unsuitable for guests who are disabled, infirm, or have restricted mobility. Every effort has been made to ensure that our description makes this clear.
- If, after reviewing the Booking Terms and Conditions, you choose not to proceed with the booking, please email us promptly and we will cancel the quote/invoice.
- At payment time you will have ticked a box stating that you have read and understood this contract and agree to abide by its Terms and Conditions and restrictions of renting the property and equipment, and will follow all of the instructions contained within this document, which also references user instructions at the property that are individualised for that property’s equipment or situation. Both parties (Milk Wood Lodges and you, as the booking entity) agree that your electronic signature constitutes a full, legal acceptance of all terms, conditions and restrictions contained herein.
Full details of booking contract:
- Booking terms - All terms are either per week (Friday to Friday, or, Monday to Monday) or per short break (start day as specified) for the accommodation as equipped and described. The usual check-in time is 4pm (subject to unavoidable delays), and the check-out time is by 10am. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and follow recycling instructions provided. You are responsible for any damage or misuse done, or loss to Milk Wood Lodges sustained, which occurs during your stay.
- Making a Booking - All bookings are subject to availability. A binding contract only comes into existence once we have confirmed availability, issued a hire quote/receipt and have received your deposit or full payment. You must check your booking hire quote/receipt, as well as all other emails/documents that we send to you, as soon as you receive them. If any information appearing on any email or document appears to be inaccurate in any way, you must let us know straight away. We regret we cannot accept any liability of the consequences of inaccurate information unless we are promptly notified to remedy.
- Number in your Party -
3a. Prices are based on the total number of your party as invoiced and beds will be made up only for the number of people booked. If for any reason the numbers booked and the beds required differ for sleeping arrangements needed, you need to make us aware of this and consequently, there will be additional linen charges. Babies under the age of one (1) are not counted into the number of members of your party. We have the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to any party exceeding these limits, and reserve the right to terminate the contracted period of anyone exceeding these limitations at any time during the holiday.
3b. Changes to Number in your Party after Booking - If you wish to add to the number of people in your party before your stay, please contact me to discuss. If during the course of your holiday you wish to have friends to stay, you must first contact me for permission and price. This cannot take the number of people over our allowed number of guests. We will need at least 36 hours’ notice to service this request and arrange for bed linen to be supplied. Please note that only the individuals in the booked party that we have been informed of are allowed to use the facilities at the property or sleep overnight. Allowing anyone to sleep in unmade beds or without our permission will be considered a breach of this contract.
- DOGS - Dogs are charged as listed on the website, and the flat fee is dependent on ruff size. You must tell us that you are bringing a dog when you make your booking, as they are chargeable and are only accepted under the following conditions: Only adult dogs (aged 1 year or older) are allowed, unless by special arrangement with Milk Wood Lodges. Age, size and breed of dogs must be verified with us before booking and it is your responsibility to communicate their full details. No puppies, moulting types, noisy dogs or large breeds are accepted.
- Dogs must be fully house trained or caged if appropriate.
- You must bring your Dog’s basket, bed, or cage.
- Dogs must not be allowed in the bedrooms at any time.
- You must ensure that your Dog does not lie on the bedding or furniture under any circumstances.
- Dogs must not be left unattended inside the property at any time unless caged, or if outside, unless suitably restrained from wandering.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead on the site road or while exercising, and in the charge of an adult or as appropriate.
- You are responsible to make good any damage or mess caused by your dog.
- You must not let your Dog in or around others’ gardens or public areas.
- Your Dog must not create any noise or disturbance.
- Please remember that the properties are not fenced because of planning restrictions.
- Please note we do not allow Cats.
In the interest of visitors’ safety, and the safety of neighbours throughout the cabin community, and following government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro and Dogo Argentino, even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation. Or any dog that the owner is aware is not safe in a public place.
5a. When you book you must pay a 25% non-refundable booking deposit. Your balance is due and payable 62 days before your booking start date. Holiday Lettings will send you an automatic reminder of the payment due. If the balance is not received by the appointed date, Milk Wood Lodges shall be entitled to cancel the booking and all deposits and payments already made shall be forfeited.
5b. For bookings made within 62 days of your holiday start date, you will pay the full amount when you book, upon receipt of our quote / invoice.
5c. Either the Deposit or the Full amount must be paid within 24 hours of your booking quote / invoice being received by you. Until payment is made, there is no contract in force and no guarantee of the booking.
5d. Security deposit will be an amount against damage, or to cover any additional costs we incur due to the servicing of your booking or to cover excessive usage of logs. This will be charged either on the full amount or the balance payment. A refund of the security deposit will be given within 14 days of the end of your booking period, minus any deductions made, if any, and the reasons for any deduction will be given by email. Please do not confuse security deposit with the booking deposit which is not refundable and is part of the rental cost. Please note that the security deposit is to cover minor extra costs that we may incur during your stay, but in no way limits your financial responsibility in the case of more major damage or cost that we may incur during your stay.
5e. Payment is done by the link in the quote / invoice issued by us, and payment is serviced via PayPal secure online payment system. You do not need a PayPal account to use this system, and most bank or credit cards can be used.
5f. Please make sure your email system is not treating these emails as spam, and note that if you change your email address, we have no way of changing an invoice email address after the fact. Therefore, if for any reason you do change your contact details or email address, then you must inform us.
- CHANGES TO BOOKING DATES
6a. Changes to the Booking Date(s) by You - Up to 62 days before the holiday start date, you may change your holiday start date to another date falling within one (1) calendar year, subject to availability, and pay any additional difference in cost of the new booking period.
6b. Any alterations to a booking may incur a £50 admin charge.
7a. Cancellation by You - Telephone us immediately if you have to cancel, and on the same day, send us written confirmation by email quoting your booking details. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your written confirmation by email, which will be acknowledged. Your deposit and any other amount paid will be forfeited. We will endeavour to resell any cancelled booking for you and will return any monies paid, less the 25% deposit and any other cost incurred or discounts given to resell your booked period. You are strongly advised to have adequate Cancellation Insurance. Please check your Household Insurance Policy or Bank Account terms as many policies have this included now.
7b. Please note the hire of accommodation is not protected by distance selling legislation, as it points out that the item purchased is in “form” perishable. There is no cooling off period for change of mind, either. In booking and paying for the accommodation you have become the “owner” of the dates purchased under a restricted contract of use set out by Milk Wood Lodges contract, and Milk Wood Lodges has become contracted to supply the accommodation to you for the dates booked.
Milk Wood Lodges is in no way obligated to refund on an item classified as “perishable” due to any reason that a customer cannot make their trip. It should be understood that the service we undertake in trying to resell the booked dates purchased is a courtesy to help our customers, and it involves us in extra time and costs, and because it may require us to employ discounts to help resell that booking period, the refund to you may be a lot less than paid. Holiday insurance is a far better way to protect yourself from losses in the event that you cannot make the booking dates and is the only direct means of your guaranteeing a full refund. But failing this, the more time we have, the more chance we have of a resale and of obtaining the best price and refund.
- Cancellation by Us - Very occasionally, in circumstances of “force majeure” as defined in clause 9, we may have to cancel your booking. We will tell you as soon as possible, and offer you alternative accommodation if we can or a full refund. We regret we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation.
- Force Majeure - We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we as owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, restricted access to the property outside our control, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic and all similar situations beyond our control.
- Website Accuracy - We have taken care to ensure the accuracy at the time of publication of TripAdvisor Rentals website; however, information and prices may have changed by the time you book. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and facilities and its description, as we are always updating the accommodation. We will use our best endeavours to notify you of any changes to, or inaccuracies in any information contained on our website as soon as reasonably practicable after we become aware of that change or inaccuracy.
- We endeavour upon your arrival for everything to be clean, tidy and ready, but it is always possible that the cleaners have missed something, as they are only human and they do not have time to check every single light bulb. If you do find anything amiss, then you must please inform us so that we can put it right. Remember, we are here to help. If you have not informed us, then you have waived the right to complain or post dissatisfaction after the fact, because you simply would have removed our ability and right to remedy the situation that we would do automatically, if we have been informed and if it is within our ability to do so. You would also remove any right to compensation if the situation has warranted it. So, please inform us promptly if you feel there is anything wrong or broken or not working properly, or indeed if you break or have something fail during your stay, so that it can be remedied in time for the next guests.
- Linens and Towels - Except for those for baby cots, bed linen and towels are provided. This will be duvets, sheets and pillow cases, and bath and tea towels. Please bring bed linen for cots with you as required. Any towels or linen belonging to Milk Wood Lodges are not to be removed from the building.
- Amenities and Facilities - We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions, Health & Safety conditions and circumstances beyond our control.
- Unreasonable or Anti-Social Behaviour - We have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to anyone who, in our reasonable opinion, is not suitable to take charge of it or had misled us in their booking information. The contract will be terminated and we will have no further liability. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause danger or significant annoyance to others or damage to property. In these circumstances, no refund will be given. Please note that unreasonable behaviour also includes: Smoking by any member of your party in a property specifically designated (and advertised by us) as a NO SMOKING property, barking dogs or unreasonable noise.
- Damage and Breach of Terms and Conditions of hire of the property - You are liable for any damage caused, and the cleanliness of the property, during the period of hire. We have the right to request entry into any accommodation without prior warning if any emergency or abuse arises to validate the situation.
Examples of damage and breach of Terms and Conditions are described below, but this does not constitute a full list.
- Smoking in the property
- Occupancy exceeding the specified or agreed limit
Examples of cleanliness to which additional charges may be applied, during or after your stay, and which would be considered a breach of Terms and Conditions of your contract:
- Grill pan left full of grease or fat.
- Hob / Oven / Microwave splattered inside with baked-on food.
- Flushing non-degradable items down the toilet, causing blockages.
- Dirty cups, plates, cutlery left out at end of your stay.
- Broken or damaged furniture (including burns, cup marks / rings).
- Dogs: excessive hair, smells, marks or scratches on floors, walls, carpets or furniture.
- Candle wax spilled on floors or furniture.
- Bins used without a liner.
- Food placed in bins (and not in food waste bins).
- Recycling not adhered to.
- Barbeques left dirty or full of ash.
- Missing items, including but not limited to electrical goods, towels, linen, kitchen
items, maps, books.
- Your belongings, vehicles, and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. We do not accept any liability for loss of, or damage to, personal effects, baggage, vehicles, or any other item belonging to the hirer or hirer’s party from any cause whatsoever. Bikes are strictly not allowed to be kept inside the property.
- Data Protection Policy - We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We collect information about you for two reasons: to process your booking and to provide you with the best possible service. The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name, address, telephone number and email address. Your personal details will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any third party whatsoever, unless required to settle a dispute.
- Addendum - Only for bookings made with Hot Tubs.
On booking with the Hot Tub, you are also agreeing to the following conditions of use:
The Hot Tub is only to be used by the booked party as declared at booking and between the hours of 8am and 9pm (New Year’s Eve to 1:00am), and please after 7pm be aware of keeping voices and noise levels down to avoid disturbing other residents. That children under the age of 8 years old are strictly not allowed in the Hot Tub. That babies and toddlers should not be allowed within 5 meters of the Hot Tub when in use. That children less than 18 years of age are supervised by an adult at all times. To wear appropriate swimwear and follow the Hot Tub Health & Safety user guidance and User Instructions of Operation at all times, which are supplied in the Welcome Pack. Please note that the Hot Tub will be closed from 9am on the morning of your departure for maintenance. To remember that we require full access each day to test and maintain the Hot Tub to comply with Health & Safety. We try to do this between 12:00 and 2:00pm, as in general, people are out and about, but times can vary.
Details of the agreement .
- If you have an allergy or sensitivity to chlorine or bromine, then do not enter the Hot Tub.
- In booking with Hot Tub we assume that you are fully aware of your party’s health conditions and have taken appropriate medical advice where required for their safety.
- The Hot Tub should not be used in high wind or stormy conditions.
- The Hot Tub must be opened and shut by TWO people and in accordance with the instructions provided at the property.
- Please avoid spilling any food or drinks into the Hot Tub
- Never take soap, or any form of washing agent, shower gel or skin cream in or near the Hot Tub.
- User time: Please note the Health & Safety guidance below. BUT PLEASE NOTE Hot Tubs are not designed for people sitting in for long periods of time.
- That you only enter the Hot Tub when not wearing make-up, suntan lotion, fake tan, oils, creams of any description, including heavy perspiration due to things like mountain bike riding.
- IMPORTANT: All swimwear should be proper swimwear, and not shorts or T-Shirts, as these contravene Health & Safety and carry risks of entrapment. All swimwear should be dye fast and prewashed (with final rinse done BY HAND), making sure that all soap residue is removed. Swimwear should not have been worn to a beach without being fully washed and dried and rinsed again, by hand, to remove all salt and sand deposits (sand is dangerous and can damage both you and the Hot Tub). PLEASE note that modern washing machines do not rinse soap out adequately. Hand rinsing under a tap is the only sure way to do this correctly after washing. The dryer can then be used to dry. Please also rinse swimwear after use of the Hot Tub and before putting in a dryer, as the residue chemicals can damage the dryer.
- If for any reason the water becomes cloudy or miscoloured in any form, that you leave the Hot Tub and contact me to resolve any issues and do not re-enter the Hot Tub until I have given the all clear that is safe to do so.
- The Hot Tub will have been set at a safe temperature of 37 to 37.5 degrees C as per best Health & Safety practice, and should not be altered.
- To remember that you are hiring with full responsibility to the costs of any damage or cost incurred to remedy any situation due to misuse.
- To Note that the Hot Tubs are supplied for your booking fully serviced to Health & Safety requirements for your stay. In the event that the chemical balance becomes out of limits, or water becomes cloudy / foaming, this can only be from not following properly the guidance of use. To fully respect, that Milk Wood Lodges, as the Health & Safety management of the Hot Tub, have the right and responsibility at any time, to shut the Hot Tubs down from further use by the client if there are any concerns of its safety. If this is due to any form of misuse by the client, then Milk Wood Lodges will not be liable to pay in any form compensation to the client.
- On extremely rare occasions of a Hot Tub system failure, making the system nonworking or unsafe to use, then we will pay the difference as a percentage of the lost time during a booking due to its failure. This amount will be percentage of the difference between the Hot Tub-inclusive rental price and the property without Hot Tub rental price.
NOTE - Failure to abide by clause 6, 7, 8 are the main reasons that create conditions for premature shut down under Health & Safety concerns. Please note these clauses to avoid shut downs.
Note that Health & Safety have issued the following guidelines for users to avoid bacterial and other health hazards. We assume you have read this as agreed and will follow their guidance as set out below.
- If you suffer from diseases of the heart or circulation, skin conditions, are immunosuppressed, subject to fits, or taking drugs affecting the cardiovascular or nervous system, or are pregnant, then you should seek medical advice before using the Hot Tub.
- Health & Safety sets out that children under 4 should not use at all, and children under 8 should be carefully observed for signs of heat stress. PLEASE Note we do not allow these age groups. We do not allow any child under the age 8 to use our Hot Tubs as part of our Terms and Conditions contractual agreement with you.
- Children 8 and above (and others) who are unable to keep their faces and mouth well above the water line should not use the Hot Tub at all.
- All children under 18 should be supervised by an adult at all times.
- It is recommended that you should not EXCEED 15 minutes immersion at a time.
- You should use the toilet before entering the Hot Tub.
- You should shower before use of the Hot Tub, PARTICULARLY to remove ALL traces of makeup and sun tan cream. You should exfoliate if you have applied fake sun tan in any form, to fully remove any residue, as these all will contaminate the Hot Tub filters and water system.
- You should not use a Hot Tub if you have had diarrhoea in the last 14 days.
- Don’t swallow the Hot Tub water.
- Don’t use Hot Tub if impaired by alcohol, drugs or medication.
- Don’t use glass or crockery such as glassware, plates, etc., in or around the Hot Tub.
- Users should not exceed the maximum number permitted in the Hot Tub. My terms and conditions are: that only the booked Party are allowed to use the property and it facilities, and no one else outside of the booked party is allowed to use these facilities or the Hot Tub at any time.
- Babies’ nappies should not be changed near the Hot Tub.